Leave transactions view
Click on Leave…Employee leave history.
Leave transaction grid
View the employee’s leave transactions on this view. This includes transactions captured by the user as well as system generated transactions. Transactions are grouped by the leave definition description by default.
|Transaction Description|| This is a description of the type of transaction.
* Leave taken – A leave transaction captured by the user.
* Transaction deleted – A leave transaction which was deleted by the user.
* Transfer balance from ‘Rule Description’ – This transaction indicates the leave balance which remained on a leave rule at the end of the cycle and was transferred to another rule.
* Transfer balance to ‘Rule Description’ – This transaction indicates the leave balance which remained on another leave rule at the end of a cycle and was transferred to this rule.
* Closing balance cleared at end of cycle – This transaction indicates the value of leave which was lost at the end of a cycle. So, the leave balance was not transferred to another leave rule.
* Opening balance changed – This transaction indicates that the user changed the employee’s opening leave balance.
* Entitlement per Cycle changed – Accrual this Period adjusted – This transaction indicates a change to the employee’s Entitlement per Cycle value, which results in a change in the employee’s Accrual this Period value from the period in which the change was made.
|Period Captured||This indicates the payroll period in which the transaction is captured. Sort the grid according to this option to verify all the transactions you captured in a specific payroll period.|
|Leave Taken From||The first day of the employee’s leave.|
|Leave Taken To||The last day of the employee’s leave.|
|Units Calculated||The number of leave days that must be deducted from the employee. The system calculates the number of days based on the dates entered, the employee’s leave settings (so whether calendar days or working days must be used) and public holidays. You can overwrite the calculated value.|
|Units Applied||This value will be the same as the “Units Calculated” value, unless the value was changed by the user. The value displayed here is the number of days which is taken into consideration when calculating the employee’s Closing Balance.|
|Note Provided||A in this column indicates that a note was required and provided for this transaction. You cannot complete a leave transaction if a note is required but not provided. The column is blank if no note is required for this transaction.|
|Reference No Provided||A in this column indicates that a reference number was required and provided for this transaction. A transaction cannot be completed if a reference number is required but not provided. The column is blank if no reference number is required for this transaction.|
|Planned Transactions||A in this column indicates that the leave transaction dates fall in a future payroll period. This transaction is not taken into consideration when calculating the Closing Balance until the period where the leave start date falls within the processing period dates. So, if I am in September and capture a transaction from 5 to 6 October, the transaction will only be taken into consideration when I roll into October.|
|System Transactions||A in this column indicates that it is a system generated transaction.|
|Documents Attached||A in this column indicates that there are documents attached to the transaction.|
|Edit Transactions||Click on to edit an existing transaction.|
|Delete Transactions||Click on to delete a transaction.|
|Comments||Comments entered on the transaction will display in this column.|