Employee financial data take on
Click on Data Imports / Exports…Data Take On or if the option is not available, click on More…Data Imports / Exports…Data Take On…Employee Financials.
The Employee Financial Data Take On option will allow you to:
- Create an Excel template file where import information may be entered. Note that only information in a valid Sage One Payroll import format can be imported.
- Import, verify and update information to the Sage One Payroll.
- View import history
The purpose of employee financial data take on is to get your Sage One Payroll in line with your previous payroll, should you switch to Sage One Payroll during the course of a tax year. The import must be done per pay period and the import data should reflect the exact payslip figures of an employee. You must do a roll over once all figures have been imported and balanced for that period and then do the import for the next pay period. It is important to note that multiple imports for the same pay period will replace figures previously imported for that period.
- Import can only be done for employees who have already been added.
- Employees are matched with their financials based on their employee code.
- Rate based definitions require a rate per day/hour to be present on the employee’s rates and hours page.
- Earnings with units, unit type and amount columns require values to be specified for units together with unit type OR amount. If all 3 columns have values, the units will be imported, but the amount column will take precedence.
- Financial imports can only be done for the current period.
- Data validation will be applied to the imported sheet. To preserve data integrity, some validations may stop the validation process and first need to be corrected before the process can be completed.
- The following definitions cannot be imported and must be captured manually:
- Annual Bonus
- Provision For Tax On Annual Bonus
- Employee and Company Pension Fund Contribution
- Employee and Company Medical Aid Contribution
- Employee and Company Provident Fund Contribution.
- Imported hours and amounts required for ETI calculations:
- If an employee is indicated as employed with fixed hours per contract on his/her ETI screen, ETI calculations will be based on hours from his/her Hours and Rates screen. If only a portion of the month was worked, hours should be imported for Basic salary/Wage.
- ETI hours for employees without fixed hours specified in a contract, have to be imported on Basic salary/Wage, as ETI calculations are based on actual hours worked.
- Import any other hours and amounts for earnings that have to be included for ETI.
Available import fields and validation rules
Click here to view the import fields and validation rules.
Steps to follow
Create Template and open the file. Enter import information and save the import file. Select the file from Import History list…Verify…Process.
Select the Create Template tab if you were not automatically directed to it.
Information Type Selection
Select Employee Details.
Available fields are listed on the left and selected fields on the right hand side of the view. Mandatory fields will automatically be selected and cannot be removed.
Select additional import fields by clicking on the field name on the left. The selected field will be moved to selected fields on the right. If a field has been selected in error, simply click on the incorrect field on the right and it will be moved back to the left.
Click on to move all additional fields to the selected fields on the right hand side. Click on to move all additional fields back to the left hand side.
Once the field selection is correct, click on Create file. Take note of the important validation information displayed on your screen. Click OK and select to save the template file (options will depend on your browser).
Select the Import Data tab.
Information Type Selection
Select Employee Details.
- Only information in a valid Sage One Payroll import format can be imported.
- Read the validation instructions on the Instructions sheet in the import template file carefully to avoid unnecessary validation errors.
Click on the allocated area on the screen to select a valid import file. A file may also be dragged onto this area. Click on the Import File button once the correct import file has been selected.
The import data will now be validated and if no errors are detected, you may continue to the Import History tab to verify and process the file.
If any validation errors occur, they will be displayed on screen and may be exported to PDF format to receive your further attention. Correct the errors and import the file again.
A list of imported files and important information pertaining to these files will be displayed on this view. Take note of the Import Status of the files. Files with an Uploaded status must still be verified and processed to update the Sage One Payroll data.
Verify and process
Click on the button in the Verify and Process column.
You will have the options to:
- Delete the file if you do not want to use it anymore.
- Download the file in order to check the uploaded data.
- Verify the file to make absolutely sure it is the correct file to import. Once verified, you will have to option to process the file.
- Process the file.
Note that by continuing to process the file, the data will be imported into your payroll and this cannot be undone. You will only be able to edit and delete the data individually in the payroll.
All files, whether already processed or recently uploaded, may be downloaded at any stage to check or store for future reference.
Click on the button in the Download File column and follow the prompts from your browser to open and/or save the file.
Values that were imported are indicated by the icon on the payslip. These transactions may not be edited and should any corrections be required they must be removed and re-entered manually or re-imported.