Working with Customer, Supplier, Item and other records
Master file records contain static information such as customers, suppliers, items and their respective categories.
You maintain these records via their menus. For example, to edit a customer account, you will select List of Customers from the Customers…Lists menu. When you select one of these options, Accounting displays a list of the existing records (if any):
These lists are record tables, which allow sorting, grouping, and filtering. If you have many records, these facilities make it easy for you to find any records you are looking for. We suggest you spend time learning how to use these tables – they will save you a lot of time!
- To add a new record, click on the Add a Customer button.
- To edit an existing record, click on the customer company name on the line you want to edit.
- Search for specific records using the Search and View fields on the maintenance grids.
- To delete a record, click on the Action button and then select the delete option on the line that you want to delete.
- You can import customers from this screen.
The View field consists of filters specific to the function you are performing. You cannot add filters.
Edit screens have a number of tabs on which you can edit or view different information of the account that you are editing. Some tabs are editing tabs and some display data collected from transactions.
To skip between the master files, click on the next or previous links.
For example, in the Edit Customer screen, you can edit five tabs:
- Contact Details;
- Additional Contacts;
- User Defined Fields; and
- Report Layouts.
The other four tabs are completed by Accounting using information from transactions that you have processed:
- Sales Graph;
- Quotes; and