Customer Statement Run
The Customer Statement Run allows you to create and distribute your customer statements. This is a monthly task.
The method of distribution depends on the customer’s settings. Some customers want their statements printed, emailed or both, and some customers do not require statements at all.
When customers choose to have their statements emailed to them, ensure that they provide a valid email address and that it is entered correctly in the customer’s record.
To access this feature, select the Customers…Reports…Customer Statement Run option:
- In the Customer Filter section, select your customer and customer category range for the statement run. Select whether you want to include active or inactive customers only, or both, for the statement run.
- Select your date range in the date range drop down menu. You have the selection to preview the report as monthly, quarterly, yearly, month to date, quarter to date, year to date, life to date, custom to date, last month, last quarter and last year. If you select the custom dates option, you can select the date ranges from the calendar look up fields. Select whether you want to include zero balance accounts and/or show invoice line details.
- Check the Show Balance Brought Forward check box if you want to consolidate all unallocated transactions prior to the statement date range into one balance brought forward line.
- Check the Exclude Fully Allocated Invoices check box to display unpaid transactions only.
- Check the Show Detail check box to display invoice line item details on statements.
- Check the Zero check box to exclude customers that have a zero balance.
- Check the Negative check box to exclude customers with a negative balance.
- Check the Less than check box to exclude customers with a balance less than a certain amount. Specify the amount in the field available.
- Click on the Next button. The following screen displays:
In the Statement Distribution section, you will determine how the customers will receive their statements. You have four options available:
|Print All Statements||Select this option if you want to print all of the customer statements irrespective of their settings.|
|Print and Email as per Customer Setting||Select this option if you want to print and email customer statements for customers whose settings are either set to print or email or both.|
|Print as per Customer Setting||Select this option if you want to print the customers statements whose settings are set to Print or Print and Email. The system will only print the statements and will not generate emailed statements.|
|Email as per Customer Setting||Select this option if you want to email the customers statements whose settings are set to Email or Print and Email. The system will only email the statements and will not generate printed statements.|
When you select to email customer statements, use the Email Subject and Body section to enter an email subject and short message. You also have the option to select the default email signature or to select your own. The customer will receive an email displaying the subject and message entered here with their statement attached.
Check the CC check box to email a copy of the statements to yourself or another recipient. Accounting automatically populates your registered company email address in this field.
Click on the Next button. The following screen displays:
Click on the Send Statements button to email them to the customers.
Click on the Finish button.
The customer statements will also be available in the Customer Zone: