Tax File Declaration Reporting
Tax file declaration reporting generates a tax file generation report for new starters that can be submitted to the ATO.
Lodging the Tax File Declaration Report
The tax file declaration report is lodged electronically to the ATO via their ECI interface or via the ATO Business Portal. The paper based Tax File Declaration form may also be lodged physically via mail but electronic reporting can reduce your paperwork (there is no need to send forms to the ATO if you electronically lodge them).
- More information on the ECI interface is available from the ECI website
- The ATO ECI application can be downloaded here
ATO Business Portal
- Please refer to this article on Lodging a file using the Business Portal
- Log in to the ATO Business Portal
Producing the Tax File Declaration Report
Tax file declaration reporting is available from the ‘Reports’ home page under the ‘ATO Reports’ section:
You are able to filter the report based on:
- Employing Entity (if applicable)
- Employee Location:
Once you Click to show Employees, and select the required one/s you have the option to
- 1. Generate
- 2. Generate and mark as reported – You are required to set the reporting period that should be applied. Will be exported into a TPD file.
- 3. Mark as Repported
- 4. Lodge Electronically