Adjusting your accounts
If errors occurred during the recording of your opening balances when you created your different accounts, you can use this feature to rectify those balances.
It is recommended that you seek professional advice from an accountant or auditor before adjusting your opening balances.
- Click on the Accounts…Adjust Account Opening Balances option.
- The following screen is displayed:
- Select the account that you wish to adjust in the Account drop down menu.
- Enter the Reason why you want to adjust the account balance.
- The account’s Current Opening Balance will be displayed in the respective field.
- Enter the account’s New Opening Balance in the respective field.
- Select the Opening Balance as At date in the date column.
- Click the Save button to save the account adjustment.